So here's the situation: our world is facing a pandemic and we are being asked to stay at home. Sounds easy right? Well, the truth is, playing videogames and running to the pantry every 20 minutes isn't the best way to spend your time in isolation. Below are 6 hobbies you can get into right now, in the comfort of your own home.
1. Paint- Never thought of yourself as an artist? Now is the time to unleash your inner Picasso and start painting. Painting is a relaxing, fulfilling activity that you can do solo, or with your family. If you aren't sure where to start, you can always follow Bob Ross tutorials on YouTube. If you search through your craft drawer and can't find paint or brushes, here is a perfect beginner set on Amazon, so that you can avoid going to the store.
2. Bake- Open up your family cookbook or try out some new recipes. Now that you have time on your hands, you can get creative in the kitchen! If you don't have a cookbook, try re-creating your favorite dishes from restaurants that you love!
3. Learn a New Language- Have you always wanted to learn a new language but never had the time? Now is the time to do it! Duolingo and Babbel are FREE language learning apps featuring expert-crafted exercises for everyone from beginners to those looking to fine-tune their fluency.
4. Gardening- Give your green thumb a go and try gardening. You can think big or small here. Use what space you have to start planting your favorite produce! If you need some help, follow this guide to starting a garden of your own. Happy growing!
5. Workout- Now is a great time to start a new workout routine! There are plenty of at-home workouts like barre, HIIT, yoga, and martial arts that you can do in your own home! Just because they are convenient does not mean that they are easy!
6. Read/Write- Read and write for enjoyment! Open up a new book, or download one off of Audible. Start a journal or write short stories. It is time to get your creative juices flowing and take your time.
We can all make the most of the time we have right now. Your situation may be less than ideal, but there are still plenty of ways to find joy and to improve.